Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A little weekend baking

This weekend I got the baking bug! I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies for my girls on saturday and then for our guests on Sunday, I decided to try my hand at something new; Famous Guthrie Carrot Cake, I got the recipe from my sister in law’s blog.


Instead of making cupcakes, like she did, I made my first layer cake. I also did not have time to get any walnuts or pecans before I made it. Still, it turned out quite nice and ridiculously delicious! Thanks for the recipe Brenda!



I love to make chocolate chip cookies in my favorite red bowl. They are my favorite things to bake by far, mostly because I love to munch on the cookie dough and of course I always save some for Curtis.

I love that I know the recipe by heart now. I love that they are easy to make. I love that you can just glob the dough onto the pan carelessly and they still come out in almost perfect circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment