Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fresh Chips and Salsa




One of the things that I always make fresh now is Chips and Salsa. It started a little less than a year ago when Curtis and I were craving mexican food on Cinco De Mayo. I thought, “why don’t I just try to make some homemade salsa?”
My first batch consisted of whatever was in the refrigerator, but I have gotten salsa making down to an art now. I make salsa for all our parties and I have the locals hooked! It is so easy to make and you can find all the ingredients right here, fresh from your local fruit lady! 
Here is the recipe if you want to try it at home. 
Salsa (Pico De Gallo)
  1. Tomatoes (5 medium Sized)
  2. Onions (1 large)
  3. Cilantro (1 bunch)
  4. Salt (to Taste)
  5. Lemon Juice (1-2 lemons)
  6. Garlic (3-5 cloves, depending on how much you like garlic)
  7. Cumin (to taste)
  8. You can also add Pepper and/or Chili Powder, but I usually make it without these two ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment