Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Surprise!


This year, more than any other year, was the birthday of surprises. Not because of one big surprise, but because of many small ones from the people around me whom I love and am blessed to have in my life. My students, my friends, my family and my co-workers all blew me away with their love and surprises this year!

In the morning I went to my friend Sarah’s home where she had prepared a wonderful pancake breakfast for me. What a great way to start my birthday, with great company, cooking and conversation.
When I got to the school I was greeted by two of my close friends with gifts and also with a cake from our cleaning lady. So we decided to sit in the teachers room and enjoy tea and cake.
After that I went to my classroom to grade some papers and one of the girls from the office came in followed by another person and then another and then another. Within moments my classroom was filled with practically everyone who works at the center who brought me gifts and sang Happy Birthday to me. This was very special because I knew that they all stopped their work just to come and wish me a happy birthday. I am blessed to work with such loving, kind and caring people.
But that was just the beginning of the surprises. Each class surprised me with something different. The first class surprised me with the biggest bouquet of roses that I have ever received and I giant birthday card.

The second class surprised me with a beautiful bracelet. The third class surprised me with more roses and a beautiful Kazakh Tea set.

Also one of my best friends came and surprised me with flowers and a beautiful photo album.

The last class took us to shashleek the night after my birthday. I got so many little gifts and things as well from students and co-workers, here is a picture of our coffee table filled with many of the gifts and flowers that I received.

After class we went to a cafe for dinner and then we went home where I had a package from my mom and dad waiting for me! I got so many great things that we cannot get here.

I felt truly blessed by all the gifts, love and wishes that I was given for my birthday, even from back home. I am still waiting for a couple more packages which is exciting too. The day I turned 28 was a day when I could catch a glimpse of how many people G*d has put in my life who love me and with this I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment