Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Life changing cookies



Do yourself a favor and make these cookies. You NEED them. I haven’t been this excited about a recipe in a really long time! These things are DELICIOUS, ochen fvakooszna, as we say in Russian. But back to the cookies, they are caramely, creamy, spicy and ridiculously good! Yes mom, I am aware the caramely is not a word. The dough tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough with a fall kick, sans chocolate chips. But the actual cookie is SO much better than the dough, unlike, chocolate chip cookies, at least in my opinion. Dare I say, these cookies are better than chocolate chip cookies! For me, that is saying a lot, since chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favorite.


So, here’s the deal, these babies are pretty simple, but I got the recipes for the cookies and the icing in two different places. This cookie recipe just seemed so much more delicious than the one that was paired with the caramel glaze and since I didn’t have any cream cheese, I decided to make the caramel glaze instead and it turned out to be the most perfect melt-in your mouth goodness that you could ever imagine. If you LOVE caramel as much as I do, you WILL love these cookies! I also used half white sugar and half brown sugar in the cookies and I think it emphasized the caramely goodness even more. Yes, I said wrote it again.


Pumpkin Cookies: 
Adapted from:House of Hepworths
Combine:
½ Cup Butter
¾ Cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
Add: 1 egg
Mix in: 1 cup pumpkin
Now add: ½ tsp. vanilla 2 & ½ cups flour
And then add: 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. nutmeg 1 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. baking powder ½ tsp. salt
Now, bake @ 350 for about 10-12 minutes.



Caramel Glaze
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1  teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup confectioner's sugar
Cook butter, milk and brown sugar until dissolved.  Cool and add confectioner's sugar and vanilla.  Spread over warm cookies.

"Priyatova appetita!"  (Russian for- "Have a nice meal" or Bon Appetite)

No comments:

Post a Comment