Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My heart is full


Last week was filled with good things; things that filled me to overflowing with love, joy and peace. For the first time in a while I feel so much peace and joy and unity with my brothers and sisters around me. I have been struggling a lot since I returned here, constantly seeking to find refuge in the things of this world. Only finding small moments of peace when I am alone with ‘Dad’, or Curtis. In that I have been blessed. I have been gaining understanding on some things, but failing to live them out. Only this weekend did I have a breakthrough, one of forgiveness and understanding.
I am aware now that I was the cause of my own loneliness. I felt so alone here, away from family and friends. In a world of different languages and mixed cultures. It all felt so foreign and unfriendly. Until the other day. Thank you to those of you who have been asking Dad to strengthen us. He truly has. He has broken through my cold heart of stone and filled it with good things. He has filled me with his love and understanding, with more joy, patience and contentment with life here. I truly feel peace for the first time in a long time, and for this I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment