Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions



This year I wrote down some specific New Year’s Resolutions because I know that it is good to make goals, for me especially at this time of year. For some reason I am super motivated about the idea of a New Year beginning. It feels like a clean slate. I can wipe away everything that happened last year and start over new.
But this year I was thinking, what do I really want to change. Something that I have never tried before. Something that I can set aside from all the other common New Year’s resolutions that I know I will make this year, including blogging more frequently.
I took some time this morning to meditate on G*d and ask Him what he wants me to focus on this year and well, he wants me to focus on his LOVE. I think that he really wants me to step back and allow him to work through his LOVE for me and through me. That is all he requires of me, to LOVE people, because G*d is LOVE. He is not a LOVE that lies or fluffs the truth though. I will be honest, but I will also attempt to let Him do the talking and working through me in so many more ways.
I am nervous about it because there is a fine line between stepping back and letting him work and just getting lazy. I don’t want to get lazy. I want to work much harder to LOVE people and do it intentionally.
This is the verse that he gave me to set aside this year as my ultimate New Year’s Resolution. To inspire me and keep me going strong throughout the year, as I get weary and feel tired of people and as I yearn for conversations with people who are hungry for him.
1 John chapter 4 verse 16 “So we have come to know and to believe the LOVE that G*d has for us. G*d is LOVE, and whoever abides in LOVE abides in G*d, and G*d abides in him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment