Monday, March 25, 2013

Virtual Coffee Date


I saw this on one of my favorite blogs and I wanted to try it out. I thought you guys would like it because it’s a bit like a heart to heart talk. Let me know what you think. 


So, if we were having coffee together this morning I would tell you how loved I feel after a week of special events celebrating my 30th birthday. The best part was last night, being surrounded by some of my closest friends, gourmet pizza and funfetti cake. It was the best recipe for funfetti I have ever tried. I especially felt loved when we played “Katina Charades” and the list included: Red Jeans, Coffee, Italy, Ugg Boots, Pizza, California, Christmas movies, Pinterest and Taking Photos. What can I say? I guess I’m not that difficult to understand... 





I’d tell you that one of my favorite things about this culture recently has been the heartfelt toasts that people make for birthdays, weddings and other occasions. It meant so much having some of my closest friends saying special things about me yesterday. It was uplifting and a great reminder of how much I am loved and how much I Papa has done in and through me the past few years. It really made me realize some of the good things that Papa has placed in me and that those things are valued by the people that I am closest to. 


I would tell you about Nowruz and how I start looking forward to this holiday as soon as the Christmas season ends. This holiday brings spring without fail and I am always relieved when winter is over :) The weather has been perfect lately and I am in love with this time of year when the seasons change and vibrant plants and flowers start popping up everywhere! 



I'd tell you that some of my closest friends are leaving the city soon and I couldn't be more grieved about losing them, but I understand that it is completely Papa's doing. I don't really want to think about what it's going to feel like when they aren't here anymore. I am just so thankful that they were here for my birthday. Being with them feels like family and I just don't know how I'm gonna cope without them. Throughout our time here I have thought several times about how I don't know if I'd really have made it without them. But I trust Papa enough to let them go and hope to be able to grieve properly as they get ready to leave. 

I'd tell you that on the up side we have had a great time the last couple of days sitting our friend's two kids. We watched movies, colored eggs and made fun food for them! 

I would tell you that it’s been a great five day holiday, but I am super excited to get back to work and looking forward to some of the visitors that we have coming in the next month. 

Thanks for joining me for coffee this morning :) I hope to do it again sometime. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great celebration of a wonderful life well lived! You are very special woman for so many reasons. I know your FATHER is very proud of you! Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete