Friday, March 8, 2013

Life in a day- my first movie recommendation


I don't watch that many movies. I should re-phrase that, I don't watch that many new movies. I don't even know when this movie came out, but I do know that it was very interesting.

It may not be of interest to everyone, but it quite appealed to me. I will warn you that it did feel a bit like an hour and a half long youtube movie, but somehow much more complete. It was more than just a random string of videos. There was definitely rhythm and a flow to it all. 

There is no way to get a full picture of what life is like around the world one day out of history, but that is what this film strives for and it is done well. There are a few disturbing moments, I turned my head a few times. But nothing worth throwing the film away for. 

I would say that if you are interested in getting out of your box of romantic comedies, actions, dramas or whatever other films that you like to watch, or if you are just interested in getting out of your world for a day to see what the rest of the world is like, this is the film to watch. 

It captures so much of the raw beauty, pain and akward-ness of this world, without much of the gore and overwhelming shock value of many other films. 

I just wanted to share this rare gem with you all. 

We watched it on youtube for free. There are actually films that are legal to watch on youtube for free. Check it out if you want to experience something different, but very real: Life in a Day


No comments:

Post a Comment