Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dust...




“As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field; for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more. But the steadfast love of the L*rd is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his children’s children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments.”
Ps*lm 103: 15-18

These flowers are beautiful, but they will soon die and their time on this earth will be over, just like that. We are not unlike these flowers. Our time on earth may seem like a long time, but to G*d a thousand years is like a day. We will likely be here for less than 100 years. That could be depressing if you didn’t read the second part. The part about G*d’s LOVE! The part that he has been teaching me about this year. That his LOVE should be the reason that I get up in the morning, the reason for my JOY, HOPE and PEACE. It is from everlasting to everlasting and I can have it, if I choose to follow his commandments.
Sometimes I know this, but I don’t really take hold of this in my mind and heart. Today I want to take hold of this concept. That I am nothing but dust, yet I have a loving Father in H*aven who is from everlasting to everlasting and he chooses to look on this useless piece of dust with LOVE and even use me to fulfill His purposes. What a gift. What a blessing. Today I will put my JOY, my HOPE, my FA!TH in Him and I will get LOVE & PEACE & STRENGTH in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment