Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Graduation year 2


For the second year in a row, graduation has proven to be the culmination of a year of hard work. Although I don’t write about it that much, we put a lot into our teaching. At graduation we find out how much our students really appreciated the class and all of our hard work.
One of the things that really touched me this year, was these two young girls. I knew they had a lot of fun in the class, but I had no idea how much they actually loved us, until they wouldn’t let me go at the end of the graduation. They were both crying and saying how much they would miss us over the summer. These are the things that keep me going when I remember how far we are from family and friends.

Another touching thing that our classes did was present us with gifts. Each of them gave us something special to remember them by.
A student designed a t-shirt for Curtis’ birthday and he hasn’t taken it off since :)


One amazing class really knew the way to my heart… They bought me an electric mixer
The funny thing about the mixer is that the student who decided to buy it for me was at my house the day before the graduation party helping me bake. I had her working on the chocolate chip cookies and when she got to the adding flour part she asked me why I didn’t have an electric mixer. I told her ours broke and she was on top of buying me one the next day :) It is a really nice one with a blender attachment, so I am pretty excited.
In reality, these gifts don’t matter much. They were well appreciated and the gestures of love were felt. But what matters is what we have poured into these student’s lives. We hope to see fruit from what we have poured into their lives. And we hope that some of the connections that we have made will become lifelong friendships.


We have truly been blessed and could not have asked for a better second and last year teaching ESI. We will miss teaching ESI, but we are also excited about what G*d has in store for us next year! Please continue to pr*y, as we are not sure about who will teach alongside of us next year. Thank you all so much for your constant support, pr*yers and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment