Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rome



I know it seems ridiculous, but yes, I am posting on my blog from Rome, even though I am terribly tired from three days of running around the city and all I want to do is crawl into my comfortable bed at this great hotel that we are staying at.
I am only doing it because I know that I probably won’t do it when I get home. Why? If you ask, you don’t know me well enough. I will be with my family and I will probably be posting something about how exciting it is to be home. So I need to write about Rome while I am excited about Rome.


Rome is better than anything I ever expected. Just the feeling of being here is difficult to explain. The sites are beautiful, but even more than all the sites, I just like the feel of walking the streets.
This is where we ate the first night. From where I was sitting I could see Trevi Fountain.

The pizza was delicious! My first real Italian Pizza!!
Rome was gorgeous in the evening especially Trevi Fountain. This was one of the three times we saw it!

This square was perfect…

And so was the latte I drank while gazing at it…

Don’t be fooled, although there is not one picture of me eating Gelato, I ate tons of it! It was probably my favorite part of Rome!
We didn’t go inside the coliseum because it was raining and we really didn’t care to, but it was cool to look at!

This is the view from the Spanish Steps on a rainy day

The rain just kept coming down, but we still managed to get a nice photo. A Curtis & Katina Classic for sure!

After climbing down the Spanish steps we took refuge in this restaurant and ate some calzone for our first time in Rome.
Then we finally made it to the Vatican on our second day

Overall, Rome has been an amazing city. There were some hard times, with hurting feet, soggy shoes, runaway buses and many more things. But those things I will forget. I will always remember the good times we had in Rome and I know that I am blessed for being able to go to this wonderful city!

No comments:

Post a Comment