Friday, June 3, 2011

Home

I can’t wait to go home. I don’t want to downplay the fact that in a couple of hours I am leaving for one of the most exciting and beautiful cities in the world, because I am totally excited to go to Italy and experience the land of my heritage. But I am more excited about the home of the free and the brave. Not just because of the fact that it is my homeland and I can’t wait to see the ocean and drink a frappuccino at Starbuck’s, but because of the people who are there.


So many times on this journey I have been sure that I was too weak to make it without them. But G*d has gotten me through those times. In the middle there, the middle being last summer, there were days when I did not want to continue. I just wanted to lie in bed all day. I was so sad that I had to wait another whole year before seeing them again. But He was there, holding me, loving me and lifting me slowly out of that slump till I was able to stand again, able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The time here has been sweet, and a lot of the time I was okay without them, but there were days…
Now, it is time to celebrate, because the time has come to visit my family! To run with joy and excitement into their loving arms again! There were some days in the past two years where all I wanted was to be in their presence and now that the time has finally come for it to happen, it feels like a real gift. Like never before. I have never been so excited to see my family. The yearning is about to be quenched; I am about to embrace the ones that I love so dearly, the ones that I have missed so longingly.
Mom and Dad, I can’t wait to sit at the kitchen table and drink a cup of coffee with you in the morning and just enjoy the feeling of being home, in the home that I grew up, the home that I have known for years. I can’t wait to walk the neighborhood with you and feel the cool ocean breeze. 
Jay & Sheila, I can’t wait to laugh with you and be poked by Jay, to play with Eowyn and Lexie and swim in your pool, to watch a movie with you guys and maybe even go to the animal shelter again ;)
Tara, I can’t wait to give you the hug that I dreamt about in November, it seemed so real. I woke up with tears in my eys because it had been so long and hugging you felt so good. (I’m crying now & I hope you are too) ;)
I can’t wait to pick up your little girl for the first time and give her hugs and kisses. I can’t wait to see Henry riding around on his scooter in person and saying “Auntie Katina, watch me!” I just can’t wait to be with you and Bill in your new home!
Dominic, I simply can’t wait to be around you and laugh at everything you do and marvel at the man that G*d has made you; the dad, husband and brother that he has made you. I also can’t wait to hug you Brenda and bake carrot cake with you.
I can’t wait to make Gabriella smile that beautiful smile of hers and just embrace her and feel her little arms embrace me back. I can’t wait to play games and dance around with Sofia and Olivia. I can’t wait to sit on the porch and watch the sunset from your beautiful home :)
Angela, oh fanny. So many times I have wanted to just call you or tell you about something funny. I am thankful for facebook because most of the time that has made it possible. But I can’t wait to just hang out with you.
When I first came here Lucy was a baby, only six months old. I was in Ch*rch one day and I saw a 2 year old girl run into the arms of her mother. At that moment the thought crossed my mind that Lucy might be that age when I saw her again. I saw an image of Lucy running to me as a 2 & ½ year old girl and I was overcome with the sadness of the thought, tears filled my eyes as I asked G*d to get me through the next two years without kissing that precious face. He has, and now the time has almost come for her to run into my arms as a 2 & ½ year old girl. I can’t wait for that moment, and I also can’t wait to hang out with you and Alan in your new home :)
I am sad for what I have missed, but I know that this is what G*d wants, or I would never be here, away from the ones that I love so dearly. I m also thankful that He is giving us this summer to spend lots of quality time together!
I also want to mention that I have missed my extended family and friends so much and I can’t wait to see you guys either! I am also looking forward to our time in Redlands with Curtis’ family! I love you all so dearly as well!
Can’t wait to see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment