Monday, September 1, 2014

Aspiring Minimalist


It's really been too long. But I was inspired today at my parent's church. A friend of theirs spoke about minimalism. I am challenged and inspired to live my life as simply as possible and to share with you about it here on the blog.

Part of becoming a minimalist is freeing up time and energy for passions that you have. I have always really enjoyed putting energy into this blog and rarely feel like I have the time and energy to do so, especially in a concentrated and organized way. I absolutely want that to change and I think that this change of focus might help. Having a baby WILL take up time, but life takes up time no matter what, and there are plenty of moms out there who have thriving and wonderful blogs. So one of my goals is to figure out how to do that, not with the goal of it having a certain amount of followers or anything like that, but more about being a place where I can share my passions and ideas and encourage and inspire some people out there.

So, I should share more about this guy. His name is Joshua Becker, and he has a blog called "Becoming Minimalist." Click on the link to view his blog. Don't do it unless you want to be challenged and inspired though!

Minimalism is something that I have been aspiring towards for some time, but I feel like my life always continues to get more and more full of stuff, material and otherwise. And Joshua's blog is a great guide in how to change/manage that. I also think this is the perfect time to step back and make sure that I don't continue in this pattern as Curtis and I bring our baby girl into this world. To teach her the principals behind these teachings, which completely make sense to me and always have. I'm really inspired to follow along Joshua's blog and start this journey.

Thanks so much Joshua and Kim for inspiring me! You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment