Sunday, February 12, 2012

What my life is like


I never imagined that my life would be like this. That is what I was thinking as I was trudging through the snow this morning to get to work. I didn’t really imagine life overseas very often, but I guess if I did, I would have thought of it in a warm climate, like somewhere in Africa or India, not the freezing Siberia-esque life that I have been living lately.
All that to say, it’s really not that bad. The temperatures got down to -8F last week. I could never have imagined going out for a walk in that weather before, but here it is obligatory if you want to get to the bus stop or to the store.
I could complain about it all day, but in reality I have actually gotten used to life like this. I just sometimes cannot believe how our life has turned out. It is crazy in some ways that this is the new normal. There are also many things I am grateful for, such as a warm apartment and the warm cafe where I work. Instead of being out in the cold all day I got to watch my co-workers dive face first into the snow and then I sipped warm coffee while waiting for non-existent customers on this snowy day. The view is not too shabby either, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment