Thursday, February 16, 2012

A few days of rest



Can make all the difference. The last couple of days have been so refreshing and wonderful! I have been reminded of all my blessings. Mostly my wonderful husband, my best friend, whom I treasure above all earthly things. I continue to see more and more how great he really is, how he treasures me and truly sets a g*dly example for me and spurs me on towards good things.
We had such a great time together just doing whatever we wanted to do! I started by making blueberry muffins (Thanks grandma :)  on Tuesday morning
After being greeted with beautiful roses and a loving note from Curtis.
Once we ate we decided to work out together. I have been doing THIS workout and I asked Curtis to join me, he danced around the house while I did the first eight minutes on the bike and then we did the rest together. It was so much fun, we were both so worn out in the end, but ready to relax all day!
After that we started our two-day campout on the living room floor! We began by watching “Letters to Juliet.” About half way through I decided I wanted to bake something sweet to eat after dinner, so I made these: Peanut Butter Cup Marshmallow Blondies! Delicious! (Note: I changed the Marshmallow fluff to regular marshmallows and they turned out great)
After that we finished the movie and when we turned off the movie we saw that “Dumb and Dumber” was on TV in Russian. It was so funny! I forgot about all the classic lines in that movie. It was fun to watch together as we both reminisced about our obsessions with it when we were younger.
By then we were ready to take a walk. The weather was nice and sunny, so we walked to my favorite Italian Restaurant for dinner. We had a lovely dinner together and then returned home to watch more movies and play cards.
It was a special Valentines Day, but the fun continued on to Wednesday. For breakfast I made fruit smoothies for us and they were so delicious! They had practically no added sugar but were delicious nonetheless, just natural yogurt (Kefir), milk, fruit (frozen strawberries, peaches, berries, banana and pomegranate seeds) and a couple teaspoons of honey.
We had another great day of relaxing, watching movies, playing games and just remembering how much G*d has blessed us! I also made this hummus for dinner :)
Today I was sad to see him go to his language lesson, but I ended up having a great day again! It was really relaxing just being by myself and doing whatever I wanted to do. I ended up calling some friends that I haven’t talked to in a while, painting my nails and making this granola.


Then sat down to watch “You’ve got mail,” which I decided is one of the greatest romantic comedies ever! And I don’t care if I showed “Sleepless in Seattle” on Monday at movie club, I am still going to show “You’ve got mail” next week. I seriously love Tom Hanks as an actor, but I was thinking, “Who is actually attracted to Tom Hanks?” I don’t know many women who are, but man, is he lovable! He is really up there as one of the best.
Tonight we also had a great time with some friends. Our language is really moving along because I didn’t think twice about asking our friend and his wife over and I knew that neither of them spoke English. We had a great time with them and their precious daughter.
Well, I hope that you all had a Happy Valentine’s Day and were reminded of the love that surrounds you, especially the everlasting love that is offered from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment