Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Soul Surfer


Talk about making lemonade. Seriously. This girl has amazing fa!th and character! Lately I have been getting so much inspiration from this film and from Bethany Hamilton’s life. Particularly how many obstacles she has overcome to do what she loves and what believes Papa wants her doing: Inspiring lives and being a huge light for him.
I realized that my all time favorite films are true life stories where people have been put in difficult situations but yet they overcome the odds, not just by winning, but in their attitude. Even in the end of the film Bethany doesn’t win the competition, but her attitude is what wins, she says “I wouldn’t change what happened to me because then I wouldn’t have this chance in front of all of you, this chance to embrace more people than I ever could have with two arms.”
Of course there are periods where these people want to give up or just quit, but the fact that they continue on and work hard to overcome the odds and in the end have a positive attitude is what really inspires me. I definitely have times when I just want to quit, just stop trying to do what I know G*d wants me to do and just live life all for me. But those moments don’t define me, it is the moments when I get back up, even if I just walk through life a little lost for a couple weeks or months. The fact that I get back up and keep going eventually is what defines my life. This is true in Bethany’s story and many others as well.
If you haven’t seen this film I cannot recommend it enough. Watch it and be inspired by this young lady as I and many others have been. Also don’t miss the documentary “Heart of a Soul Surfer” which is also included on the DVD under Special Features.

No comments:

Post a Comment