Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gratitude Challenge Week 1


So far, so good! I feel healthier and more grateful! What a wonderful combination ;)

Here is a little recap of how it has worked so far. 


To be honest I am making a lot of healthier choices because I have some health and fitness goals for the New Year, but each day I sit down and write something in my “Happy Thoughts Chronicler” that really stood out and made me feel good that day or even made it easy to be healthy. Focusing on being thankful for these things encourages me to continue doing more. 

I have realized throughout the days that the thing which has helped me the most is trying out new and healthy recipes with real food. Of course exercising always puts me in the mood to eat healthy and also gives me the energy to try out new recipes when I get home at the end of the day. 

Here are some of the recipes I have tried this past week and a half. Hope you find them useful. :) 

Easy Feta Chicken Wrap
My personal Creation
1 cup romain lettuce
1/2 cup shredded carrot
3 oz shredded boneless skinless chicken breast 
1/4 cup feta cheese (I used full fat because you can’t get reduced fat here) 
Place ingredients inside one flour tortilla (wheat would be good, I used Lavash which is a turkish bread that is basically like a tortilla only thinner) 
Pour 2 TBS of Italian or Greek Dressing over the top and be amazed! 


Spinach Broccoli Quinoa Soup 
adapted from cooking quinoa
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, chopped fine
2 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 teaspoons minced garlic
4 cups water
3 cups milk
2 Chicken Bouillon cubes
1 package frozen Broccoli
1 package frozen spinach 
2 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Homemade Hummus
adapted from the cozy apron 
2 cups chickpeas 
(I use dry ones and boil them in a pot for about two hours till they are soft)
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 TBS olive oil 
1 TBS Tahini 
1/3 cup water
2 cloves garlic 
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dry oregano

Berry Banana Smoothie 
My personal Creation
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup milk (any kind, I used 2%)
1/2 banana 

1/2 TBS Chia seeds

Now go out there and be awesome! and grateful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment