Thursday, January 30, 2014

February Gratitude Challenge


I chose Health for January and oddly enough ended up the sickest I have ever been in my life! (I think...) What a reminder of how wonderful my health actually is! Honestly. I couldn't have had a better reminder. I was sick for five solid days, and I mean SICK. I could barely get off of the couch. It was crazy. There were times when I wondered what it would feel like to be healthy again. I watched lots of movies and was thinking it would be amazing to have as much energy as the people in them and to be able to eat the food that they were eating without gagging.

I didn't do much writing in my journal these past five sick days, but I did a lot of things to get myself better including drink some amazing tea made with fresh ginger, honey and lemon juice. You must try it some time, no other ingredients. So simple and so healing. 

So I am writing this post to catch you guys up on the February Gratitude Challenge. Let me tell you, it's super simple. All you need to do is choose someone that you are very close to, preferably who you are closest to, i.e. your spouse, your roommate, your best friend, your sister, your mom... You get the idea. Every day you must write something that they do that makes you thankful for them, it doesn't have to be something that they do FOR you, but it probably will be most of the time. Because if you think about it, we do things for the people we love basically every day.


The GOAL? The goal is very simple, to get you to love them MORE than you already do! I know, How can it BE?! Well, usually when we focus on the good things in a person we tend to like them more. So I dare you! Take this challenge and be wowed by how much you really CAN appreciate your loved ones. 

Don't forget to write all of these things down in your wonderful "Happy Thoughts Journal" or whatever you like to call it :) 

and PLEASE, let me know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment