Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcome to Happy Thoughts with Katina

Hey everyone! A few changes and here's why:

Growing up I never wanted to grow up. I wanted to be just like Peter Pan, I thought Wendy was crazy for leaving him. I always pretended that I was Wendy, but that I stayed back in Never Never Land with Peter Pan. Not much has changed since then. True story.


So I really feel that this title fits me. I also have know for a long time that this was more of a personal blog written from my perspective. This became much more than a way to update people back home long ago and I want it to be defined differently because of that.

It has become a way of expressing myself, processing my thoughts and feelings and hopefully inspiring some people along the way. I have been a lot more open about what is going on in my life lately and really felt that the theme of this blog had been going in this direction for some time.

I am hoping to make this blog a little bit more public because I am not worried about hiding anymore and I want to be able to encourage other women who are facing what I have been facing these past three years.

Infertility can be highly shame related and although that seems completely natural and obvious for me to say, it's not so obvious for those who haven't experienced it. It's just not talked about very much and since I am being open about it, I'm not afraid anymore. I do still feel shame at times. But I want to be a light to other women who battle with the same and hopefully inspire others of you while I'm at it.

I'm mainly focused on sharing life's joys with you as I wrote about in the new ABOUT section of this blog. Visit that page to find out more about what the focus of this blog will really be. Join me on this journey of beauty and pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment