Friday, January 9, 2015

Find the blessing in everything


The past few days have been rough.

My baby has been screaming a lot.
But praise God that she is healthy and has the strength to scream, even when I just want to cry. 

I could look back at the past few days and choose to see a lot of negative, but instead I look back and I see good things. I see a four month old who has been crying for unanswered reasons, but yet she has a smile that melts my heart and despite what she is going through, she smiles more than ever before. 



I see moments where she falls asleep in my arms while the snow gently falls outside. I see strong arms holding up her head and chest while she does tummy time. 

I see a warm cozy apartment, coffee in the mornings and delicious meals at night. 



I see a husband who loves his baby girl, plays with her daily and takes her on walks to give her mama time to do the things she would like to do. 

I see people who love her all around her even though she is thousands of miles away from her loving grandparents, aunts and uncles. People who are just thrilled to have her in their lives and totally aware of what a miracle her little life is! 


And just one short year ago I would have given so much to have all of that, difficulties included, and just like that it is mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment