Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year, Naked Baby...

I'm sitting in my living room with my naked baby rolling around happily making noises on the floor. It's amazing to think that one short year ago I was pregnant with her, the size of a lentil, and I had absolutely no idea. Now here she is rolling around. Chubby little legs, perfect soft skin, long beautiful fingers, full lips. I love every bit of her! 


So I really want to write more on my blog, even if it is only a few short sentences every few days. Mostly because it inspires me and these days I'm a little short on inspiration...

I know this baby should give me all kinds of amazing inspiration, but I think most moms would agree, staying home with a baby all day makes you feel kind of brain dead sometimes. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. I knew that being a mom would be hard. Even when it frustrated me to hear my friends talk about it being hard, I definitely imagined it to be difficult. And, well, it is! 


But the rewards far outweigh the difficulty of it. In fact, I have told Curtis several times that I didn't really know how badly I wanted a baby the three years that I couldn't have one, because it's so much more amazing than I could have ever imagined! 

Right now the rewards are her huge smile when I lean down to look at her while she is playing and even sometimes in the middle of the night when she should be eating, but all she wants to do is coo and smile at me. I can't help but just smile back, so very in love with this precious girl! The other major reward right now is holding her when she sleeps. Sometimes I just look at that beautiful face of hers and can't help but cry. It can be oh so overwhelming. 


Anyhow, I can't promise you that I will write a lot, or even that I will write about anything else besides my daughter or being a mom. I would like to continue to think of more interesting things to write about. Things that will inspire others as well as myself. But for now, this is all I have in me and it's a step in the right direction for me.

So, here is to hoping that you will hear from me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment