Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Cinco De Mayo!



I realize that I am a little bit late on saying this, but Happy Cinco De Mayo my friends! I hope that you enjoyed this holiday. I assume that many of you went out for Mexican food at your favorite little hole-in-the-wall, but surprisingly enough, we do not have that luxury here in Central Asia.
But please do not feel sorry for us by any means. I am actually happy about this, at least most of the time ;) Because for this very reason last year on Cinco De Mayo I made Homemade Salsa or Pico De Gallo for the first time in my life and I fell in love with it!
So, last night salsa was definitely on the menu! I also made some homemade chips from Lavash (the turkish version of tortillas), but I baked them with only a little bit of oil and salt, then topped them off with some cheese, green onions and green peppers.


To go with these nachos and salsa I made some beans and chopped up some lettuce and came out with a pretty healthy Taco Salad for our Cinco De Mayo Celebration.
Hope you enjoyed your Cinco De Mayo Feast as much as Curtis enjoyed this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment